Where have I been?
A better question is: “Where have these donuts been all my life?”
But in all honesty, I have been at school.
School has taken up most of my life since August 31. And my blog has been kind of put on the back burner. *Ba dum tsssssssss*
Anyways, SCHOOL ENDS IN A WEEK.
and more exciting news, Friday is National Donut Day!
So what better way to start blogging again than blog one of my favorite foods, donuts.
These donuts though, are amazing.
Not only are they baked, but they dont have that gross dense texture that people usually have in baked donuts that people say are okay but really arent good.
They have POPOVER texture.
Good idea, right? Popover batter in a donut pan? *Mind blown*
And let me tell you, they are good.
Have I mentioned that they are good?
Best Baked Donuts Ever
Author: Junior High Foodie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- toppings such as cinnamon sugar or glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a donut pan and set aside.
- Add all ingredients beside topping of choice and flour to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Pour the donut batter into the donut pan. (You may need to work in batches)
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Add topping of choice and serve! (For a glazed donut, let the donuts cool completely.)