Gluten Free Muffins
Author: Vegetarian Times, adapted by Junior High Foodie
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 1/2 c cooked quinoa (thats 3/4 cups dry)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup milk or non dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp ground flax
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar and stevia baking blend (I used the truvia brand)
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, milk, vinegar and flax in a large bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the eggs, oil, sugar/stevia and honey and mix to combine.
- Sift in the brown rice flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk until a batter forms. Fold in the blueberries.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the paper liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe by Will *yum* at http://juniorhighfoodie.com/gluten-free-muffins/