These are the thoughts that go through my mind as I eat this:
Ooooh warm cinnamon roll.
Its so fluffly.
And now I have caramel on my nose.
Salted Caramel Cinnamon Rolls:
1 Package of instant dry yeast
3/4 cups milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup melted butter
3-4 cups of flour
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup regular sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup softened butter
Another 1/4 cup melted butter for brushing over cinnamon rolls
Caramel Sauce, homemade or storebought
1. Stir together the yeast and warm water. Let sit until you are ready for it, at least five minutes. In a small saucepan, slightly warm your milk, melted butter, and sugar. In a mixer, add the egg, milk mixture and yeast mixture.
2. Using your dough hook, stir together the ingredients in the mixer. Add the flour and beat in the mixer until smooth and slightly sticky. Form into a ball and set in a well oiled bowl. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
3. Stir together your brown sugar, regular sugar, and cinnamon and set aside. Roll your dough into a 9×13 inch rectangle on a floured surface. Spread the softened butter on the dough, and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture evenly over that. Fold over the long end and roll until you have a long log.
4. Cut the log into 16 rolls. Place in a well greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover and let rise one more time for about 30 minutes.
5. Brush the remaining melted butter over the top of your rolls and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown. Drizzle the caramel over the rolls and sprinkle sea salt on top. Dig in right away!!