We finally are on vacation. That means NO SCHOOL. No, Spanish, Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, Science, PE, and best of all, no band class.
I was basically jumping up and down at dismissal yesterday, because I knew it was break, and I knew that I could make these gluten free muffins. And make a video on them. I am so happy right now!
- 1½ c cooked quinoa (thats ¾ cups dry)
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup milk or non dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp ground flax
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar and stevia baking blend (I used the truvia brand)
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, milk, vinegar and flax in a large bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the eggs, oil, sugar/stevia and honey and mix to combine.
- Sift in the brown rice flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk until a batter forms. Fold in the blueberries.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the paper liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!