I feel as though I have been on a Quinoa kick lately.
Maybe its because this is my second post in a row that has quinoa in it. Remember those quinoa muffins? The ones that I spent 8 hours on making a video for?
Yeah, its true. Maybe its because THE SOUND WASN’T COOPERATING. And then when I finished, THE FILE GOT DELETED. Not there. Nope. Nada.
Okay, I’m not even going to start on that one.
Onto some quinoa.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
Author: Junior High Foodie
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1½ cups of dry quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ an orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup crumbled feta or cojita cheese, plus more for garnish
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp chili powder
- a dash of cumin
- a dash of oregano
- In a very large saucepan, add your quinoa and water. Bring to a rolling boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer and let cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until cooked.
- In a large serving bowl, add the lime zest and juice, honey, oil and spices. Mix until well combined. Add the quinoa, chopped vegetables, and cheese. Toss to combine evenly and serve.