1. I do NOT like homework (particularmente la clase de español)
2. My uncle came to town and let me borrow his Canon Eos 60d. Best day of my life.
3. These gyoza are better than those cookies that I made the other day and pretty much deemed holy.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 small bunch scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 egg
- 1 package round dumpling wrappers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil , for frying
- Add everything to a bowl minus the dumpling wrappers and veggie oil.
- Lay out a few of the dumpling wrappers and add about a teaspoon of filling to each one. Wet the edges just with your finger and fold up the dumplings.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add a few to the oil and leave them until they are golden brown and crispy on one side. Add about a half cup of water to the pan and cover loosely with a lid. Steam them like that for 5-7 minutes.
- Put them all on a platter and serve immediately with soy sauce!