These are too good for words.
I think that’s pretty much everyone’s excuse for writer’s (bloggers?) block.
Ok. Just picture it.
Warm, squishy, chewy, succulent, decadent brownies with fresh raspberries and tart jam. (too many adjectives?)
If that doesn’t sound appealing to you: I’m sorry.
you probably don’t like chocolate, which should be illegal.
you probably don’t like raspberries which are the sweetest berries ever.
you probably don’t like the combo of raspberries and chocolate, which is the worst crime ever.
To me, at least.
Try making them and if you don’t like them, give them to a friend.
But I think you will. 🙂
Raspberry Chocolate Squares
Author: Adapted from Laura Vitale
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- ½ cup raspberry jam, seedless
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 cup melted semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together your melted chocolate, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine. Add in the flour and sugar and stir until incorporated.
- Spread ⅔ of the batter evenly in the bottom of your baking dish. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the bottom of your bars are baking, Stir in your remaining chocolate into the leftover batter.
- Once the bottom is done baking, spread your jam all over it. Then put dollops of batter all over it. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes , or until cooked.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, toss the fresh raspberries over top and press down gently so they adhere to the bars.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.