I mean, seriously.
How is it only halfway through the school year!
This is aggravating.
I am really sorry that I didn’t get to post this week, but ALL of my teachers decided that huge projects and assignments and tests and quizzes HAD to be this week. Well, I’m halfway through middle school, so, it can’t get that much worse, can it? I don’t know.
Anyway, I’m halfway to summer, so I decided to combine Rice Krispy Treats and S’mores. Best. Idea. Ever.
- - 5½ cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- - ½ cup crushed graham crackers, plus 3 T, divided
- - ½ cup plus 3 T chocolate chips, divided
- - 1 10 oz bag regular sized marshmallows
- - ½ cup mini marshmallows
- - 3 T butter
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- Mix together the ½ cup graham cracker crumbs and cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and the 10 oz bag of marshmallows together over low heat.
- Once melted, add the cracker/cereal mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking sheet, and refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours.
- After the two hours are up, slice the squares into 24 even treats.
- Melt the ½ cup chocolate in either a double boiler or the microwave.
- Dip the bottom of the Rice Krispy Treat in the chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Take any leftover chocolate and place it in a small freezer bag. Press all of the chocolate down into one corner and cut a very small tip off of the end. Drizzle the chocolate over the tops of the treats and sprinkle the reserved mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs over the top.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened, serve and enjoy!!