So, what would I do when my family wants cookies and we seriously have no more chocolate chips?
Duh, use oreos!!!
These are like the best invention ever.The best thing to ever happen to mankind.
Yeah, that kinda good.
They have the texture of a chewy chocolate chip cookie, they taste like a chocolate chip cookie, but the oreo filling adds just a bit more sweetness.
Some Things Never Change. Well, Sometimes.
Author: Adapted from Laura Vitale
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ cups all purpose Flour
- ¾ cups brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cups white sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- ¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons softened butter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 21 oreos, crushed into fine bits
- In a large bowl, cream together your sugars, butter, and shortening. Stir until almost fluffly. Add the eggs and vanilla, and stir until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, salt and baking soda. Whisk until there are no lumps left in the flour.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and oreos into the wet mixture. Stir until a dough forms.
- Press the cookies into balls and place them on a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart, because these will spread out.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
- Let cool and serve with a glass of milk.