Sooo, I’m sick.
And it sucks.
And I HAVE to go to school tomorrow. (Stupid science fair)
But yesterday, I made some Taco Rice.
This recipe kind of was a mistake.
I was eating tacos with a side of rice , and EVERYTHING fell out of the shell. Like, seriously.
And I was not going to put it back into the shell.
So, I ate some taco rice. And it was life changing.
The next time you eat tacos, make about 3/4 of a cup extra. You’ll thank me later.
Author: Junior High Foodie
Recipe type: Side, Main
- 3 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- ¾ cups leftover taco meat, seasoned
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup crushed tortilla chips, for topping
- optional, a few tablespoons of salsa
- Heat a medium skillet to medium heat.
- Add taco meat and rice and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- During the last 30 seconds of cooking, add all remaining ingredients except for the tortilla chips.
- Serve and top with chips.